Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The happy birthday boy

I think Max did have a happy birthday. He enjoyed his time at the pool with Jayda and Aubrey - evidenced by the fact that he was reluctant to leave - he and Ellen did not get back until about 5:30 - and he came back excited and happy. Jenny and I were here, Paul joined us pretty soon, and Max dug into his presents. I think he liked them all, especially the boom box Ellen gave him so that he can once again play CDs and listen to his favorite storyteller as he is going to sleep, something he hasn't been able to do for some time. I brought with me on the trip a cassette tape of Ellen reading Winnie the Pooh stories, a tape she had made decades ago for Julie. I played it for Max in the car one day and he loved  it. So I am going to make a CD of that (the boombox does not play cassette tapes - they are pretty obsolete). That will make the perfect bedtime CD.

After presents, we all went to Melvin's Brew Pub which was the perfect spot to go - it has outdoor seating, it is right by the reservoir, and it was a gorgeous evening.  Plus it has great craft beers and good food! I forgot to bring my phone, so I couldn't take photos, but I used Paul's phone to take some, and I hope he will eventually email them to me. Harry joined us there, and then after a good and pleasant meal, we came back to the house.  Ellen got out the cake - Max lit and then blew out the candles -   everyone loved Ellen's gluten-free chocolate cake, and both Ellen and Jenny had brought home ice cream, so we were all set. We all had a bit of cake and ice cream. Then Max played a CD on his boombox and he and Paul worked on a Lego kit that "the girls" had given him  earlier as a gift. A good time was had by all!

Present-opening time!
The aftermath of that nice stack of gifts!

Examining a CD

Candles lit

Candles blown
Harry enjoys some cake
Paul and Max work on Lego

Photos from Melvin's later.

A good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment