Tuesday, June 18, 2019

British soccer

Max is in soccer camp again this year. It runs from 9am to noon each weekday in Thayne. He has come several years in the past. Ellen brought him for the first day yesterday while I went to Jackson to deal with the car, but this morning I came too. The British men leading this year are different from the last time, but he didn't do the camp last year, so I guess that is to be expected.

Max warming up at British soccer

It's called British soccer because it is led by three British soccer players, one  of whom is here addressing the group.
It was pretty hot in the sun today and there was no shade at the bleachers, so after an hour I came into the Thayne Library which is right next to the soccer field, which is where I am now. It is part of a larger Thayne Community Center.  It is not quite as nice a library as Alpine, but still pretty good. There have been a lot of children here this morning and I also noticed that down the hall there is a large Tai Chi class for adults. So this facility gets used.

Thayne Library
The salesman from Teton Motors will call this afternoon with a trade-in figure, but right now I think we're leaning toward waiting till we get home and buying local. But if he made a really good offer, we might change our minds. It's one of those situations where there are pros and cons on each side, many unknowns, and no obvious "right decision."

Later
The salesman never called. I called and left messages. I guess they are not hurting to fill a sales quota this month.

Later in the afternoon, about 4pm, we took Max to the Sporting Club for a golf  lesson. I wonder if Max knows how lucky he is!

Max waiting in a golf cart for his lesson to begin




No comments:

Post a Comment