Sunday, June 30, 2019

Nothing that urgently needs to be done!

Now that we are in the new house, a lot of the pressure is off. Jenny and Ellen finished up cleaning the condo today - they left it spick and span. We'll see if that means they'll get a deposit back. Paul returned the U-Haul truck and the four of us (Max was still at the Bell's) went  to the Wagon Wheel in Thayne for brunch (where Ellen and I had an anniversary breakfast back on the 15th). But this was a Sunday noon, and the staff were overwhelmed - we waited more than an hour for our food! It was good once we got it, but that was an unacceptably long wait. Jenny called Carrie Bell to make sure Max could stay that  long - it was ok. I slept in late, did not go to church, had brunch, came back and worked on Spelling Bee, watched The Simpsons (Max's choice), and had an early supper. My work contribution for the day was to completely clean up the kitchen after supper. The dishwasher isn't "set" yet - not secured - so I did the dishes by hand. Which is what I'm used to doing at home, but with one big difference - the bottom of the sink here is a few inches lower than at home. Our counter at home was built high for me. So I felt it in my back. But the dishwasher will be operative tomorrow, I suspect. Meanwhile, things feel a lot more relaxed as far as the house is concerned. Jenny does have a crazy week at work - lots of special events. Summer prime time at the Sporting Club! Max could go to a golf camp at the Club, but he doesn't want to. I think we're going to Idaho Falls on Tuesday.

The kitchen as it appeared tonight after a clean-up - there's still a bit more work to do before it is really done. But it's getting there.



No comments:

Post a Comment