Sunday, June 2, 2019

SVUC

This morning I went to Star Valley United Church. Alan Schoonover was back in the pulpit - he was away back in January when we were here, and I was glad to see and hear him again. He is retiring for real in September and moving to Arizona, so this is my last chance to enjoy his sermons. Today was Ascension Sunday and he focused on a phrase in the biblical narrative about how Jesus "opened the minds" of the disciples before his ascension. We reflected on what it means to open our minds in this time - an idea rich with possibility. I will miss hearing him.

Star Valley United Church

Before the service



Alan & me

This afternoon I worked on indexing .pdf files I had made yesterday at the Library. Sort of soothing work - little brain needed. But then later Mary Tolles sent the Spelling Bee puzzle from the New York Times and I had to put on my thinking cap! Today's puzzle was tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment