Saturday, June 15, 2019

A very familiar walk

I just did the walk that Ellen and I have done a hundred times - the road going up the hill behind Paul's former house. This is the first time I've done that particular walk this trip. I think Ellen and I might have done it together back in January. I paced it off, as usual, and it was 1600 paces going up hill and 1490 coming down hill (longer strides going down hill). That translates into 1.7 miles r.t. (figuring an average of 2.9 feet per stride). Considering that I haven't been feeling too well these past few days, that's not too bad. It felt good to get the exercise.

We used to park in this area but now horses are grazing there so it is fenced off.
Paul's former house.The new owner's have put up a trampoline.
The view from the top - as lovely as ever on a fine day. The water is high in the reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment