Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Happy Birthday, Max!

Today is Max's eleventh birthday! He and Jenny started the day at 7am when she took him to the local diner, called the Yankee Doodle Cafe, for a "breakfast out" treat before she went to work.  I figured he would order French Toast, because that is a favorite of his, but it turned out that they didn't have French Toast on the menu! What kind of a diner is that? So he settled for pancakes, which I gather from his response - when I asked, "how was breakfast?" - were not that great. Oh well!

The Yankee Doodle Cafe in Alpine

He has a pile of presents waiting for him to open when Jenny gets home this afternoon; I think we are all going to Melvin's Brew Pub for supper, and Ellen has made a chocolate cake (at Max's request). Right now, he and "the girls" (Aubrey and Jayda who live next door to their former  house) are with Ellen at the pool. I think he will end up having a happy birthday. I just had lunch with Harry, who came over from the house. I haven't seen Paul as yet.


Three-day-old Max



1st birthday -  ten years ago today!


Presents waiting to be opened

A birthday cake waiting in the fridge to be eaten

No comments:

Post a Comment