Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Rain adventure

We're back home and it is raining steadily. It has been raining for over 12 hours and will continue to rain through the morning at least. So this entire area is under a flood watch. Feast or famine! Looking out right now, there is a waterfall behind our house that is rarely there.

     That patch of white is water!

Here's one that has sprouted on the hillside by the new shed. 

Last night I had a little scare. Getting ready for bed, I couldn't find my iPhone, and spent probably a half-hour at least looking in every place it could possibly be. No luck. But then I had a dim sense it might have fallen on the ground when I was getting in or out of a car when we car-pooled to go to our River Singers rehearsal. I had a dim memory of hearing sort of a soft "thunk." So I got dressed again and drove to the place where we had parked. It was dark and raining, but with the car lights and two flashlights I made a good search. No phone. I was relieved in a way because I had no idea what shape the phone would be in if it had been sitting there getting wet for several hours. But where was it? If I heard a "thunk," maybe it had fallen between the seat and the door. My memory was that I had heard the "thunk" as I was getting into Eliza's car. That would entail driving to her house and looking in her car. At 11p.m.! But then I thought - maybe I was getting out of my car. So I looked and - voila - there it was!  Almost hidden under the seat. Much relieved! Of course, if I had thought of that earlier, I could have saved myself a trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment