Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mussels on the patio

Rob outdid himself yesterday evening when he prepared a meal of steamed mussels in a savory wine broth with grilled bread to dip in the broth, sausage bits, a cucumber salad, and grilled corn on the cob. It was a perfect evening for outdoor dining so we ate on the patio - the first time we have done so. Since eating mussels is a little messy, this was the perfect choice. The meal was capped by a vivid sunset. Bravo Rob.

                    Betsey at the patio table - Rob is at the grill. 

                             My bowl of mussels

                       A beautiful sunset on the front range

We watched the third episode of Big Blue Live on PBS later after we had retired to our bedroom. Some great scenes of a blue whale. An amazing creature!

Blue whales can grow up to 100 feet long, weigh 180 tons or more; they are the largest animal on the planet.Thanks to my son John, who noticed that my earlier photo was of a humpback whale. I think this one is a blue whale.
Today, Dawn will take Betsey to her Qi Gung healer for a 10am appointment, and Ellen and I will pick her up at 11:30am and bring her home for lunch. She plans to spend some time doing office work on her computer and then resting in the late afternoon. It should be a good day for her - she always has better energy after her energy-healing session.  And I'm looking forward to seeing the draft of my Tolles book that I had printed up at Staples yesterday. It wasn't done until late afternoon yesterday, so I'll pick it up today.



No comments:

Post a Comment