Friday, September 4, 2015

Healing day

Thursday was a day of healing. Betsey had a session with her Qi Gung healer, Lyria Pascal, which is always good. But then in the car, coming home from that, Betsey shared some of the practices she has gained from those sessions: the "Breath of gratitude" in which she breathes in gratitude and breathes out all the dark, negative thoughts and feelings, and the "four affirmations" which she attributed to an old Hawaian ritual - ho o pono pono, (which are familiar to Ellen and myself from other sources) - thank you, I love you, I forgive you, please forgive me, (or please cleanse me - a variant I had not heard before). For her to share those was healing for me.

Then in the afternoon, the Subaru got healed - the 90,000 mile check-up, which is big, and accordingly costly, and meant I had to wait in the Subaru customer lounge for 3 1/2 hours. But we know everything is ship-shape for our return journey, so it was worth it. And I had my laptop with me and lots to do. 

         Betsey with Lyria Pascal

I got home from the Subaru place just in time for supper, which Ellen had prepared: stuffed delicata squash with Brussel sprouts. Yum! We got our little walk in late, mostly in the dark, but it was very pleasant. 

Today is our last full day! Betsey has just come back from a PT session, and is doing some office work. I'll go out in a bit and do errands. 



No comments:

Post a Comment