Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wonderful news!

Betsey got an unexpectedly good report at her doctor's appointment today. First, her surgeon was able to aspirate 2.3cc's of fluid from her cyst - far more than expected. Dr. Lillehei was very pleased. 2nd, the tumor cells continue to die. That is great news. 3rd, they are going to reduce the steroids dose- that makes. Betsey very happy. She hates the steroids, and learned today that they have actually been interfering with muscle development. So there may be a reversal there in a good direction. 4 th, her protein is low, so low-fat, low cholesterol meat is being added to her diet. When I talked with her tonight, she was very happy. That was so wonderful to hear! Hallelujah!

Today, Max had a great time at the pool at the rec center in Jackson. I didn't get photos because I was at the library taking advantage of WiFi to set up my online TIAA-CREF account - something I have been procrastinating. It was time-consuming, complicated and frustrating, but I did it. But afterward we went to Moo's for ice cream and Ellen and Max ate their cones in the park. 

      Ice cream in the park

 In the center of Jackson - you can get a glimpse of one of the famous "antler arches" in the background over Max's head. 

Tonight Ellen and I took turns reading aloud vol. I of Harry Potter to Max. What fun to go back to the beginning and enjoy discovering the magic of Harry Potter with Max. 

No comments:

Post a Comment