Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday

Paul, Jenny and Max got home from camping by about 9 a.m. this morning. They had a good night and an overall good time, but taking down the camper this morning proved to be "cumbersome." The problem is that age has put the camper somewhat out of square, so what should be a fairly simple operation requires some wrestling. But probably the more they do it, the easier it will get.

Max stayed home while P&J went to get some breakfast and then Ellen and I went to church at Star Valley United. We had missed church last Sunday and I needed it to get into a better place. Pastor Alan's sermon was more "off the cuff" than usual, but it had a basic, simple message (based on the miracle of the loaves and fishes) that God's love can take our small efforts into surprisingly large results beyond our imagining. I had slept very poorly last night, so I basically took it easy this afternoon, reading and doing some writing and just resting. Paul and Jenny took a hike and Ellen read a book she is enthralled by: Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See.

I talked with John on the phone and learned of his disappointment over a "Bird language leader" workshop he took yesterday that he had hoped would be inspirational, but it wasn't. It was based on the very interesting work of Jon Young, who believes that we can learn a great deal about nature by listening to birds, but the workshop didn't involve much listening, and Jon Young himself, who was supposed to be leading it, wasn't very involved in it. Sigh! 

We just had another lovely supper on the deck, and I took my turn cleaning up. Ellen and I just had our normal evening stroll.  I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment