Friday, July 3, 2015

What we did today

Today, Paul had a holiday but Jenny had to work a long day. Paul and Max went swimming. I decided to clean the car. I vacuumed, I cleaned the bugs off the front grille and bumper, and that led to deciding to do something I've needed to do for a long time-touching up all the scrapes and nicks with touch-up paint. Since I went that far, I thoroughly cleaned the inside with Armorall cloths, and washed all the windows inside and out with Windex.  I also did a little body work. I snapped back into place the fog light cowling that had fallen out  (which we miraculously found) and fixed the left front fender which kept wanting to come loose (glue - not your standard solution but it worked). It looks pretty spiffy. Forgot to take a picture. I'll get one tomorrow.

I also started reading The Atlas of the New West which is a very interesting overview of how the intermountain west is changing. Part of the day I just enjoyed  sitting on the porch swing. Now there is a new idea!

It was pretty warm today and the heat sort of got to Ellen, but she felt better this evening and we got in a walk with a beautiful sunset as a backdrop. 


Not sure just what the plan is for the 4th of July, but it will probably be fun. I would be happy with a very quiet 4th myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment