Monday, July 27, 2015

Brrr!

Hey, what's going on! It's July 27, for Pete's sake, and it's cold! It's 50 right now, with a strong wind making it feel colder. But it's forecast to get down to 35  tonight! Ellen and I just took our stroll and we had to bundle up!

                   It's chilly out there!

I wished I had gloves; my hands were freezing by the time we got back to the house.

But, it was beautiful. We had heavy rain earlier today; the air was sparkling clean and the light was especially golden. We took our usual road up the hill, but this time, when we took the footpath at the end of the road, at the top we turned left instead of right, and that opens up a whole new vista and a new mountain range.

                             A whole new vista

The trail continues through a big field and eventually comes out at a fence where you have to go through barbed wire and that brings you out to the very top of the sub-division Paul's house is in. We've done that before, but tonight we saved it for another day, because it was late and we were getting cold. Ellen picked a bouquet of wild flowers and I took some pictures. 

                        Another lovely vista

                     Wild flowers galore

          Ellen glimpsed through an aspen tree

Max was at Olivia's house today, so Ellen and I had a day to ourselves. Ellen read and I worked on my Tolles introduction. I went to the Library to send emails and Ellen went to market. I also completed all my beneficiary forms and got them notarized by Jenny! Another task off my plate. 

We did learn from Rob today that Betsey will probably need our help through August 22nd. So we'll be in Boulder almost three weeks after we leave Alpine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment