Friday, July 10, 2015

Not a lot to report!

Yesterday and today have been fairly quiet days. Yesterday. (Thursday) we took Max to a dental appointment for a teeth cleaning and I went to the Alpine library and to Family Dollar. Paul brought home take-out - Mexican - so Ellen didn't have to cook. She took Max to the Star Valley Ranch pool, and he swam all across the pool on his own! Ellen and I walked in the evening. I finished reading Karen Armstrong's The Bible.

Today we did an errand for Paul and Jenny-we went to Afton, WY, which is about 20 miles south, to the Lincoln County clerk's office. There we registered a tent trailor that Paul bought last fall. Paul has totally renovated it, so for $600 and a lot of labor, he has a very nice camper trailer. I have also started a tedious but long-needed job. I have on my laptop an iPhoto album of over 2000 items relating to my mom and dad: letters, photos, documents, sermons, etc., all stuff I have photographed over the years. But I have never had any kind of a list or index, so finding a given item is maddening. And I just plain forget what's in there. So I've started making a list. This is dangerous work because I run across something I'd forgotten about that is particularly interesting, and of course I read it. So it's slow going, but boy, will it be great to have! 

My mother and father- Olga and Barney Crockett. Photo taken in Anamosa, IA in the late 1940 's

I took this picture by photographing the computer screen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment