Sunday, August 22, 2021

Not much happening yet

Despite dire predictions there isn't much happening here storm-wise as yet. Most of the crew here has gone off to Camden, ME, about a 30-45 minute drive, to give Brendon a chance to check out a huge antique store. Mary and I stayed behind - she had things she wanted to get done and I could have gone but I'm not that happy standing around in stores, so decided to stay here. I just went down to the cottage to see what the surf looks like - just a normal high tide. Breezy, but no waves. There will be a high tide at midnight tonight and maybe by then there will be some waves. 

Earlier I took all the meat out of the lobster I brought home last evening from Claws and made a roll with a piece of bread. Instead of using mayo I poured melted butter over the lobster meat. It was pretty yummy. I just tried calling my friend, Phil McKean, who lives nearby, and his daughter, Susannah answered the phone! She normally is in London, so I wasn't expecting to hear her voice. She is visiting for a few weeks. She said her brother, Tom, will be coming on Saturday. Not sure if we'll still be here then or not. I may just miss him. He is my godson. But we'll get over and visit Phil and Susannah in Friendship, ME this week, I'm sure. 

I've been following the news on Hurricane Henri and it sounds like southern New England is really going to be clobbered. They were warning that people in Connecticut could be out of power for three weeks! That's serious. In Dummerston, the forecast is for "rain heavy at times," which is pretty much what the whole summer has been like. I didn't see anything about high winds or power-outages, but I guess you never know. I hope that not being at home during this storm will not prove to be a mistake. 

Well, it has just started to rain in earnest. So I guess the outer bands of Henri are reaching us. If we get heavy rain back in Dummerston, there could be flooding because the ground is pretty saturated. 


Two views of the shore in front of the cottage


No comments:

Post a Comment