Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Katie heads home

Katie is in the air as I write. Her connecting flight from Atlanta to Denver was delayed 3 1/2 hours, so she will not get into Denver until after midnight tonight. That’s unfortunate, because she has to get to an  in-person work meeting tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, John and Cynthia have been preparing for a trip to Grand Manan Island in Canada. They leave by car in just a few hours - c. 2a.m. Wednesday morning. They had to be COVID tested Sunday and go through many hoops online. John said it took hours and was very frustrating. I hope it will prove to be worth all the effort. Katie, Ellen and I went by their place on our way to the airport this afternoon. That was very good to do. That is an important connection!

Yesterday, Katie and I spent a couple of hours cleaning up Shirley’s and Betsey’s grave gardens and putting in new plants. That was a very special time together. Then we cleaned ourselves up a bit and I took her to lunch at The Porch. Very nice! So, all in all, a lovely and important visit. I put my family into God’s hands as they travel!

Katie by her mom’s grave with new flowers

The two graves freshly tended


No comments:

Post a Comment