Thursday, July 6, 2017

A little tidying up

I wanted to do something to help Paul with all his many, many little projects around the house. A lot of them I am unable to do for lack either of skill or strength. And I haven't felt like doing much physical anyway until today. But today I thought maybe I could do something. I had heard Paul bemoan the mess around the driveway, but cleaning it up was a low priority. Part of that mess was a tangle of  8-10 or so garden hoses, some of them very sturdy, long, commercial grade. I thought maybe I could untangle them, coil them and tie them so they could be moved and stored  more easily. I asked Paul about them and it turned out they were hoses left behind at various building sites where he had worked that would have been hauled away as trash, if he had not "rescued" them. The problem was, he had no idea what shape they were in and especially if they leaked or not. So I offered to untangle, test, throw away the faulty ones, and then coil, tie and stack the good ones. He was very glad to have my offer. So that's what I did.  It turned out to be quite a job and I had to take some breaks, but it's done. We threw away only two, but the connectors on a couple will need replacing. I didn't think to get a "before" photo but here are some "afters":

      This area was completely covered with tangled hoses

              Coiled, tied with tape, and stacked

I left two long ones coupled and hooked up to the faucet so Paul can water his trees on the berm

                    The front of the house looks very nice 

No comments:

Post a Comment