Tuesday, May 26, 2015

There'll be some changes made

We're gearing up for some changes around here. We have an old shed that I built almost 40 years ago that's coming down. Our "front yard" has huge craters in it - it gets pretty muddy in the spring -  all that needs to be filled in and leveled. A swale needs to be made that will carry water off the mountain down away from the house. Some trees need to come down so our house gets more sun to reduce moss and mildew on the roof and walls. The turnaround at the top of our driveway needs to be graveled so delivery trucks don't make big ruts. So our neighbor, Zac, is going to do that in the coming weeks. I'll take some before and after photos.

I also am doing some deck repairs where a hole got made where the wood was rotted. I'm wondering how many years before we need a new deck ! 

Monday night we had a Dummerston choir rehearsal. It was great to be back with the choir. Tonight we went to a workshop with Kathy Bullock, part of River Singers. We aren't singing in the concert Saturday because we've missed  so much rehearsal, but we enjoyed singing tonight. Ellen leaves for a trip to Swarthmore tomorrow, and I 'm staying here, so after rehearsal tonight we went by John  & Cynthia's and picked up the old Subaru so I'll have a car while Ellen is gone. I'll start cleaning out the shed that is coming down tomorrow. 

I re-activated my pool membership today and got in a swim. I also inflated my bike tires, so now I can go biking again. And I got the mower going again. All these spring chores! As you can see, I've been a busy little beaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment