Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day at the Shays

As I mentioned previously, we awoke to much less snow than forecast, and indeed by late morning it had pretty much melted. I got up too late to get to church, so I stayed home. Katie and I put out our Mother 's day gifts - I had gotten a beautiful bouquet of orchids, and Katie had gotten a potted succulant:

         Mother's Day gifts for Betsey 

We had a little time when Betsey opened her cards, and by then the Players golf tournament was on and that took up pretty much the afternoon, and it was one of the most exciting tournaments I've ever watched. It went into "overtime" so to speak, a three-person playoff that ended with Ricky Fowler as the winner - another young golfer like Judson Speith. Then Rob and Katie went to a sushi restaurant in Boulder to bring home supper. It was delicious and beautiful. 

                         Our sushi buffet supper

Now we 're just hanging out - our last evening all together. Ellen and I will leave in the morning. It will be hard to leave, but Katie is very able and knows her mom very well. And we will be back! 

We'll not only miss our loved ones, we'll miss Gertie, who loves finding a comfy spot on a lap and being scratched - on this case, by Betsey. 

             Happy Gertie, happy Betsey! 

                      Ah, perfect peace




No comments:

Post a Comment