Thursday, May 7, 2015

A little adventure

This morning, Betsey had a 10a.m. Healing energy appointment. I wanted to notate a Jewish song of blessing that Ellen, her siblings, and I are singing at Miriam's bat mitzvah in June, a song called Mi shebeirach by Debbie Friedman, which you can listen to on YouTube. So I needed to get to a piano so I could play it out and notate it. Ellen dropped me off at an agreed upon pick up point and while she went to Alfalfa's I set out to find the college of music where I figured there would be a piano. The problem with Univ of Colorado is that the buildings all look alike. I knew more or less where the music building is but not exactly, and I was approaching it from a direction I was unfamiliar with. So I went out of my way, quite a lot out of my way, and for a minute was totally disoriented, but I found it, found a piano, did my notation, and found my way back to the pick up point in a much more direct fashion. And I was on time too! Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment