Saturday, May 16, 2015

Home

We did make it on time for the Samson concert. Barely. We had time to turn on the frig, open some windows, change   clothes, and get to the concert. It was an exciting oratorio, full of drama and passion, aided by excellent soloists. We're glad we went.

Curtain call at the Handel Oratorio, Samson, in the Latchis Theater, Brattleboro. 

After the concert we had to do some grocery shopping at the all-night supermarket, and by the time we got home and had put the groceries away, we were ready to fall into bed. But it was a short night - we had to get up to get to a Guilford church choir rehearsal at 8:50a.m. Which we did, and then after church we came home, had a bite of lunch on the deck, and went to a Hallowell sing for a 104-year-old woman at a local nursing home.  Then Ellen and I split - Ellen went to a Yellow Barn concert of Schoenberg and Weill in Putney, while I went to Hallowell sing at Thompson House, another nursing home, their annual memorial service for residents who have died during the previous year. Then Calvin Farwell brought me home and I spent some time working on the  Bach St. John Passion. Yes, I have rejoined the Blanche Moyse Chorale after an absence of over a year, and I went to a rehearsal of the Chorale this evening. It was wonderful to be singing Bach again! So this was a full singing day for me! It was good because I had not used my voice for singing during our trip and I was worried that I might be losing my ability to  sing. But it came back. 

Ellen loved her concert. One of the top ten in her lifetime, she said. Wow! Sorry I missed it! 

Tomorrow, we're going to take it easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment