Saturday, May 2, 2015

Back in our room

After I came back from the museum and my trip down memory lane, I found Ellen, who had done a wash in the beautiful camp laundromat, we got a slice of pizza in the cafe, and drove into Estes Park. We were going to go up to the Long's Peak access road but a storm came rumbling through Estes Park and we opted to postpone that. Instead, Ellen shopped for postcards and found oodles of them.  I looked around and got some Long's Peak cards.  - several views. Estes Park is definitely a tourist trap. The volunteer at the museum earlier said that it was no longer a desirable year-round residence, and he and his wife had recently sold their house in Estes and moved to Greeley. I could see that in the winter, 90 percent of the shops we saw in Estes would probably be closed. 

We got some ice cream and came back to Long's Peak Lodge. We're going to eschew the $14 buffet and snack out of our box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment