Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Good reports!

I have had two appointments in the past two days - with an opthamologist yesterday and a dentist today. I saw Dr. David Terrell yesterday - at Brattleboro Opthamology. I had never seen him before. My opthamologist for the past several decades has been Dr. Dana McGinn, but he retired before the pandemic, and I had not seen an opthamologist since January 2019. Since I have had lens implants in both eyes (decades ago) i need to see an opthamologist regularly as a check-up; also, since I have diabetes, I need to have my eyes checked regularly for possible diabetic damage to the blood vessals in the retina. So I went yesterday and got a good report: no trace of diabetic damage, no trace of macular degeneration, no trace of glaucoma, and my vision is essentially 20-20 with both eyes. My right eye is weaker, but the left makes up for it. So that was good news!
Dr. Dana McGinn, my opthamologist for decades, now retired.
Dr. David Terrell, my new opthamologist. **************************** Today I went to Estey Dental for a cleaning and a brief exam by the dentist. The cleaning went welll and the dentist said everything looks good - no cavities! I think I am a lucky guy!
The Estey Dental Center is so-called because it is housed in the old Estey Organ Factory Building No.1. Estey Organ made parlor reed organs and some pipe organs in the 19th and early 20th century. It is a huge complex that has been re-purposed as offices and various other things. It is famous because all the buildings were slate-covered as a form of fire protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment