Monday, March 7, 2022

Wow, is it windy tonight!

As I write, the wind is blowing hard and stuff is hitting the house! We may lose our power. The lights flickered a minute ago. Yesterday was a warm, sunny day - it got up into the high 50s - even over 60 some places. Ellen and I took a walk on Park Laughton Road out of Dummerston Center. Nice!
Looking back at Dummerston Center - parsonage on left and church in the distance
Looking the other way***************************** ICE FISHING SHANTIES The warm weather is playing havoc with the shanties on the Retreat Meadows pond where ice fisherman come every winter. The ice is getting soft and when I came by this afternoon, I could see several shanties still on the ice. I would not want to drive out there with anything to pull in my shanty at this point!
Some shanties have been pulled in already by wise owners
Look carefully and you can make out 4-5 shanties still on the ice!*********************** A couple of weeks ago, the local art museum put on a display of arty ice-fishing shanties. I hadn't realized that some owners really dress up their shanties. Here is one:
Wow, pretty fancy!****************

No comments:

Post a Comment