Tuesday, March 8, 2022

We lost our power

About 10pm last night, we lost our power. I was alone. Ellen had gone to the store. An hour later, she had not come home, and I got worried. Then i noticed something - a fire, something hurning below the house, near the road. What could it be? I began to worry that Ellen was in some kind of trouble. I felt helpless. I could not really investigate the fire myself - not safely. I called Bess Richardson - I had just been talking with her on a Zoom session earlier in the evening. She is an RN and former EMT. She encouraged me to call 911. So I did. The West Dummerston Fire Dept. came to check out the fire. At the same moment, Ellen came home. She was safe, thank goodness! She had run into numerous branches and trees on the road and had to take the long way home. The fire got tamped down somehow. We went to bed in the dark. The power did not come back until noon today. I cancelled a meeting that was to happen this morning at the Guilford Church. I still don't know exactly what was burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment