Saturday, March 12, 2022

Coping mode

Let's see - I went to see Jerome in the hospital and learned that he had been discharged. So I went to his home, but he wasn't there either. I roused his daughter's boyfriend, and learned that he had been taken to the ER! And that a home health nurse was with him. I subsequently learned that he is home again and is "OK." I wanted to visit today, but we're in the midst of a blizzard. So I texted his daughter and told her I would come tomorrow. I called Pastor Elisa and activated the church prayer chain. Jerome's cell phone is not working. Frustrating! On a more trivial level, the Tarheels collapsed last night and lost to Virginia Tech by 13 points. So that ended the ACC tournament for them. There is still March Madness! Ellen decided not to mail cards because of the storm. Katie is visiting next week and I'm calling her in a bit! So, we are coping as best we can.
Right now**************************************** LATER I heard from Margaret that Jerome is home and that some new medication is actually helping him. So that is good news! LATER ON SUNDAY: I went to see Jerome Sunday afternoon. He was up and feeling somewhat better - he's taking a compound pain-pill -Ban/acet/Caff that seems to be helping. He wanted to go to Wendy's for something to eat so we went and he got a Hot&Sweet chicken sandwich and some fries. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment