Wednesday, March 30, 2022

A nice little walk

I just returned from walking on our driveway - this time I went down to Jill Green's driveway, almost all the way to the bottom! I paced it as 720 paces one way - 1440 round trip = about 3000 feet, conservatively a half-mile round trip, half of which is up-hill (and half down-hill). For me, right now, that is a good little walk. I hope to extend it gradually into something longer and more challenging. My pool membership expired last Sunday and I am debating whether to renew it, or just get my exercise by walking, now that it is getting warmer. I go to the pool mostly to use the exercise machines. My shoulders make it impossible to swim anymore. Today, we were originally planning to go to a concert with John & Cynthia in Holyoke, MA - a concert featuring a Ukrainian quartet, DakhaBrakha. Unfortunately, the concert has been postponed - the group has had travel problems. I think it will now be in early May. So John and Cynthia are going to bring supper here - they are picking up burrito bowls at Tito's, a local Tex-Mex restaurant in the Hannaford Plaza. That will be fun. There is no class session tonight in our Uncanny Journeys course- that is every two weeks, and it will meet next week. Our reading assignment is William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying. We don't own a copy so I got a free audio book of it - we've been listening to that. It seems more accessible than Sound and the Fury or Absolom, Absolom. Tomorrow we have an outdoor Hallowell sing in Brattleboro around noon.
DakhaBrakha Quartet

No comments:

Post a Comment