Friday, June 18, 2021

Success!

Concerning the dent in the door of our car: I talked this morning with an insurance adjustor with USAA Casualty Insurance, the company of the woman who backed into our car yesterday. She had reported the claim as promised, and the adjustor said they accept full responsibility for the accident. He sent me a link that made it possible for me to take a series of photographs of the car, which I did, and I have submitted them. I will hear back from them with an estimate, and I can take that to the Brattleboro Collision Center in Brattleboro when we get back and they will do the work. USAACI will cover all the repair and will also pay for a rental car while work is being done. So we will just live with the fact that we can't open that door on the rest of this trip and get it fixed when we get back. So that wasn't too bad. We are having gorgeous weather here. Sunny and cool and low humidity. I'm actually wearing a flannel shirt today. In the morning the front porch is a delightful place to eat breakfast. Then in the evening, the back deck is perfect for supper.
The view off the front porch
Ahh! Nothing like a bowl of oatmeal! Tomorrow is Ellen's and my 16th wedding anniversary! It will become a National Holiday: Juneteenth. How thoughtful of them! We are all going to Melvin's Pub to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment