Thursday, June 17, 2021

Another stroke of bad luck

Some days it's better if you don't get out of bed! Day Seven is such a day. (Seven was not lucky this time!). Today I ran a couple of errands in Alpine: I had a prescription that needed to be refilled because it would run out while we were on the road returning to Vermont. While I was in town doing that, Ellen asked me to mail a couple of post cards. So I went to the Post Office and as I was leaving the parking lot there, a large Ford pickup backed into me and dented the rear door on the passenger side! The woman who was driving said that she didn't see me - her pickup sits very high up. It dented the door enough to make it impossible to open that door. So I got all her identity and insurance information and her apology. When I then went to the pharmacy, I discovered that the nice little pharmacy that was here when we were last in Alpine (two years ago) was gone. Instead there is a huge, newly built supermarket, Broulim's Market. , which includes a pharmacy. So I went there. I was amazed when the man who waited on me remembered me! He had worked at the previous pharmacy, which evidently was absorbed by Broulim's. He said my prescription should be ready by tomorrow! When I came home, I reported my news, and Ellen took it in stride. She said that of all the doors, that was the one that was least urgent to have to open. I called our insurance agent back in Brattleboro and learned that we should wait for the insurance company of the driver of the truck that hit me to contact me. Only if they give me the runaround should I notify my insurance company, because when I do, it will go on my record, even though it was not my fault. Hmmm. It would be virtually impossible to find time on this trip for that work to be done, so I guess we'll live with a dented door until we get home.
The dent in the car door.

No comments:

Post a Comment