Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sports weekend

DAY NINETEEN: Everyone is home this morning. Paul will be watching soccer - he has a special channel on the TV which accesses British club soccer games in addition to US pro soccer (he's a Real Salt Lake fan ), and then afternoon he and Jenny are going to Jackson to a spa and I'll be watching a UNC-Louisville men's basketball game and of course tomorrow is the Super Bowl. But i hope to get in a couple of good walks too. It 's cold but sunny and underfoot it is not icy anymore on the road.

I think I 've worked out alternatives to the computer so I can work on files using Jenny's computer or the one at the library, I'm blogging from my iPhone using the Blogger app, and I'm deleting unneeded emails in my Sover Net inbox so it doesn't get too big. I finished Lila, Marilynne Robinson's amazing novel, and have started Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness - which I have never read. Richard Rorty put me on to that. 

Betsey seems to be doing well with her radiation treatments, she feels good and she and Rob have actually been at a music conference these past two days - amazing! John suffered a mild concussion from a fall  while ice skating and is trying to take it easy so that his brain can heal. Gosh! My brain is ok I guess other than the usual predations of old age. But please send what healing energies you can to these Crockett brains!


No comments:

Post a Comment