Thursday, January 29, 2015

A different kind of life

I'll have to say that this is a different kind of life - slower, simpler. I get up fairly late - usually after checking email on the iPhone so I have been awake awhile before getting up, so let's say 9 am, and I make the bed, and then go upstairs to make breakfast (we 're sleeping in a "basement" suite). Ellen has usually gotten up before I have and is reading (Max is at school and Jenny  & Paul are at work). My typical breakfast is a high-protein smoothie and oatmeal. Ellen sometimes makes Scott's emulsion. Then I may shower and get dressed, or I may stay in my PJ's and do something on the computer  (not mine - Jenny's). This a.m. It was the latter - I wrote out notes for another letter for Katie ( in the letters from  Shirley series) - today it was letter no. 46 from Kansas State Teachers College. It was quite a letter (it was to me- we had met about six weeks earlier). Shirley had been up until 3am talking with a student who was revealing a very difficult part of her life. It had been very intense, Shirley felt she had never had such an intimate conversation  before, and she wanted to tell me about it. After finishing my notes I showered and dressed and then had to print the notes out and then go to the Library to copy the letters and then buy envelopes. So I did that and came back. Max came home early today - short school day - so he was just getting off the bus when I got back. I fixed myself lunch of leftovers while he and Ellen played Sorry and then I went to Etna ( about 5 miles) to the P.O.  to mail my packet to Katie and some cards for Ellen. Now Max and Ellen have gone to the Alpine Market and for the rest of the day I hope to get in a walk, play with Max, maybe read. Ellen is cooking tonight. Not sure what we'll do after supper - maybe a Scrabble game. It's a low-key life. No meetings or rehearsals!

Yesterday we again went to Max's martial arts class - which is very much a class in exercise and following directions, usually through a game of some kind. Here's Max in one of his positions.




No comments:

Post a Comment