Monday, January 26, 2015

Pretty quiet

DAY FOURTEEN:  Things are pretty quiet here. Paul and Jenny are at work and Max is at school. Ellen is reading and I'm trying to figure out what to do about my computer. I called Simply Mac in Jackson and tomorrow I may go in there and see if I can transfer some  files from my external hard drive onto a flash drive that Paul and Jenny's computer can read (it doesn't seem to recognize my external hard drive).

I went to church yesterday at the Star Valley United Church in Thayne. They have had an interim minister, Rev. Allan Schoonover, ever since their regular pastor left last year. Rev. Schoonover was  coming down from Jackson, where he was pastor of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and that required a 4:30pm service. Now he has retired from Good Shepherd and the congregation was voting yesterday on whether to call him  to a regular but part-time ministry, which I presume they did. He will be working 30 hours a week, 45 weeks a year. I told him that a part-time ministry was one of the great fictions of the church, and he laughed.

While I was at church, Ellen, Paul and Max went to the movies in Jackson to see Barrington. The adults thought it was a very well-done movie, but the villainous Nicole Kidman character got a bit scary for Max so they left early.

We are planning to meet Max after school today at his martial arts class. That will be fun.

I talked with John and they are gearing up for a major blizzard in New England. Sounds like NYC and So. NE will be esp. hard hit, but they could get 2 feet and high winds in VT!

It's fairly mild and quiet here, weather-wise.

I continue to be enthralled by Lila.

No comments:

Post a Comment