Saturday, September 3, 2022

A more leisurely final day of our side trip to Salem.

We slept pretty well last night - in my case with the help of half a gummy I got at a cannabis shop in Salem. Roger told me about them - they help him sleep, and so I tried it, and it was good - when I awoke in the night, I would be drowsy and fall back to sleep instead of lying awake for hours. So I was slow to get out of bed, but once going, we got packed up and out in pretty good style. Thank you Susan and Christian for a great place to lay our heads. We went to the Boise Coop - a great store - and I got a latte and a muffin; Ellen shared the latte and had an apple tart. That was enough for breakfast and we headed out for Alpine at about ten before 11:00a.m. We stopped at a fruit stand before leaving Boise, and got local peaches. We stopped in Mtn. Home for gas, and later at the Craters of the Moon Visitor's Center for a little picnic out of the box. Ellen found post cards. A man walked by from St. Johnsbury, VT and saw our license plate and said hello. We stopped in Idaho Falls at Reed's Dairy for ice cream. All along the way I've read aloud from Big Rock Candy Mountain which has gotten even more intense. Now they are coping with the 1918 flu epidemic! Rings a lot of bells. We also listened to two more lectures on the historical Jesus - describing the criteria for assessing the reliability of sources. So the miles have flown by, and here it is, a little after 7p.m., and we are in Swan Valley, about 35 minutes from Alpine. A good day, not very stressful. The cruise control has even been working, which makes Ellen happy.
Boise Coop
Boise Coop
Fruit stand
Peaches galore
Crators of the Moon
Crators of the Moon
Picnic time
Reed's Dairy

No comments:

Post a Comment