Friday, January 14, 2022

Made it!

Ahah! The pool is open today! I just did a good session in the hot tub, on the bike and the elliptical. Right at the moment, I have the men's dressingroom to myself. It was not thus when I arrived, but I've been pretty much to myself the whole time after getting into my pool things.
I spent the morning figuring out how to get readings online for our Swarthmore class, which is titled Uncanny sojourns or something like that. It starts Jan 26th with Kierkegaard and then meets every two weeks and goes on to Dostoievsky and Nietsche in the next two sessions. I was able to download a .pdf file of the readings for those two authors. For some reason the .pdf file they offered for Fear and Trembling was only about 1/3 of the book, but fortunately I own the whole book, and the files for D. and N. look to be complete. So we are set for the next month anyway as far having access to readings is concerned. I also did some reading this a.m. - there is a stack of unread New Yorkers and Christian Centuries sitting on the hearth right by where I eat my breakfast (in cozy comfort!), and I usually read an article or two while I'm munching. What a life!*******************************LATER Now I'm home and Ellen is fixing supper. It's Friday night and we will watch not only the PBS Newshour but also Washington Week in Review - a Friday night "ritual."

No comments:

Post a Comment