Saturday, January 22, 2022

Busy place

Today was not the day to come to the pool! I was able to do only one of the three main things I do - ride the bike. The elliptical and the hot tub were all in use. So it wasn't a complete bust, but disappointing. I need a flotation belt when I go into the pool itself and I didn't have that with me, so I didn't use the pool. My shoulders have made it almost impossible to swim - I just can't manage the strokes any more - at least that is how it seems. I'm not sure I can even remember how to swim. It feels risky. I might try it sometime and see what happens.******************+** It is still VERY COLD. But I had good talks via phone today with both John and Katie. So that in itself makes it a good day. Katie has started her new job with LivWell, a cannabis farm. She is working with plants - harvesting flowers. Her first day was Thursday. It is a 4-day week job. So she is off Fri-Sun. WE're hoping to see her for a long weekend in March. We'll be going to Maine next Monday for a visit to Jim and Mary. That will be nice. I'm reading a book Ellen put me on to by Simon van Booy - someone I had not heard of, but he is a GOOD writer. It is called Night Came With Many Stars.
Simon van Booy

No comments:

Post a Comment