Saturday, January 15, 2022

Another deep freeze

We are in another session of cold, cold weather. The next week or more, the lows will be zero or below. We are going to tear through the woodpile and are not going to have a lot of incentive to go outside! But I will need to keep going to the pool - my primary method of exercise for the near future. I've been working on Spelling Bee trying to get to Queen Bee (ALL the words), but no luck. I think I'm close though. I'm well beyond Genius - I should say WE are - Ellen actually did the puzzle and got to Genius, but I did it om paper and had a second pangram and several other words. (She had four words I did not have). So combined, we were pretty good, and I've thought of a few more since. LATER -- I just had two hours at the pool. I had everything to myself - there were a few others around but they were doing their thing at other locations than the one I was using at the time. That makes for a good, safe time. It's five degrees outside. This evening I'll be listening to the UNC Tarheels play Georgia Tech on the radio - I can get WCHL, the Chapel Hill station, on the phone. UNC is doing well and they are predicted to win this game. Their star player is Armando Bacot, who double-doubles most games (over ten points and over ten rebounds in the same game). I think he is enjoying the status of ACC Player-of-the-week, and could end up being ACC Player-of-the-Year.
#5 - Armando Bacot
LATER STILL Bacot lived up to his reputation. He got 29 points and 11 rebounds - another double-double. UNC led by as much as 32 in the game and won handily at the end, 88-65.
#22 - Justin McCoy; #4 - R.J. Davis; #1, Leaky Black; #45 - Brady Manek; #13 - Dawson Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment