Thursday, January 13, 2022

Disappointed!

I decided to go to the pool a bit ago - I decided that the risk of NOT getting exercise is greater thnn the risk of getting COVID. But wouldn't you know - when I got there, I found it was closed - due to staff shortages. If I had bothered to read my "sover.net" email this morning, I would have known. The man who staff's the afternoon shift has a cold, and is at home, out of caution. He will be out five days and will return only after a negative COVID test. Others will fill in starting tomorrow, so I can go then. I'm glad they are being cautious. That is reassuring. We'll probably go to Grandma Miller's today for muffins and eclairs! Not exactly exercise, but hey, still good! ******* Yesterday I picked up Jerome and took him shopping. His car is not working (again!) and he needed groceries and some medicines. So that was something I could do to help. I think his car problem might be a frozen battery, but I'm not in a position to figure that out. I hope maybe his daughter's boyfriend can look into it - he is having to drive her to work, so it is in his interest to find a fix. Meanwhile, the temperature had moderated- it is about 35 degrees now - a lot better than 5 degrees! And Ellen has opened a new jigsaw puzzle - a very challenging, 1000-piece puzzle. That will take a while to complete!
The pieces of the puzzle
The puzzle picture - quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment