Wednesday, July 14, 2021

LSVT-BIG

Today I just completed my seventh LSVT-BIG session. Tomorrow I will be half through - that is if my insurance approves more sessions. I learned Tuesday that Humana, my Medicare supplier, had only approved of six sessions instead of sixteen!  I called Humana and also Dr. Greene, my neurologist, who originally ordered this therapy, to get this cleared up. Maple Valley which provides the therapy, has also been on the phone. But so far we have not heard anything back. So today and tomorrow will be on me if Humana doesn't extend it's coverage. If they don't, that may be it. It's $90 a session. I don't know why Humana approved only a bit more than a third of a 16-session package. It doesn't make any sense.

Yesterday evening we went to the Westminster-West Church for the first "in-person" River Singers workshop since 2019. It was just a one-session workshop, and we learned three songs: a Croation "klappa" song, a Bulgarian song, and a contemporary British solstice carol. It was really great being back together, though it was a much smaller group than usual - only vaccinated people. But it felt good. And my voice actually sounded pretty good (I think!). 

This week is also the beginning of free rehearsals at the Marlboro Music Festival. I think we plan to go this afternoon. That will be wonderful. 

The Persons Concert Hall at Marlboro where rehearsals are held


No comments:

Post a Comment