Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Home! Safe and sound!

We got home last evening after 9pm. Ellen was pretty wiped out but she made it ok driving from Oberlin, OH to our home, over 500 miles. Yay, Ellen! We both slept really well in our own bed. The air was fresh and cool, it was quiet, the bed was comfortable - all the things you hope for on the road but don't always get. The house did well in our absence; it smelled good when we came in the door, everything was working fine. And Ellen's garden actually thrived in our absence. It must have rained a lot. 

I just had my first Parkinson's Therapy session. The LSVT BIG program. It involves a series of exercises both sitting and standing that involve expansive, exaggerated movements. I went through them all with the therapist,  Amy, and I'll do them at home twice a day. In addition to the home exercises, I will have a session with her one hour a week, four days a week, for four weeks. It is all designed to re-program the brain. I was able to do more in this first session than I thought I could do. I'm sure it will help. 

It's good to be home. Free rehearsals start at Marlboro next week. We will have a Mary Cay Brass-led singing workshop next Tuesday, in-person, only for the vaccinated, at Westminster-West Church. That will  be fun! I also will start making arrangements to get the body work done on the car. But by golly, our little car did well, despite bumps and bruises. 

So nice to see this familiar view out the car window at the Dummerston Church, looking at the fire pond toward the fire station.


Behind the church in Dummerston







 

No comments:

Post a Comment