Monday, July 26, 2021

Full, lovely day yesterday

Yesterday it rained, so both church and the Ragle vow renewal ceremony took place indoors. Church was a Union Service in Dummerston, in-person, with a choir which sat socially distanced and wore masks. There was an amazingly good turn-out both for choir (preponderance of men!) and the congregation, and Shawn preached a very interesting sermon on God as the God of thunder. All the hymns and the anthem mentioned thunder. Mary Westbrook did a great job leading the choir, and it was a joyous occasion, just being together. 

I was concerned about the Ragle event being indoors - 18 people in a small space - but everyone was vaccinated, so I did not wear my mask. Putting a lot of faith in that vaccine! It was a truly lovely event. Six of the Ragle's children (five children from previous marriages - 3 of Nancy's, 2 of Tom's, and one daughter adopted by both) were there with their significant others, plus two grandchildren. A seventh child, Beth, was in Arizona but present via the cell phone. Tremendous amount of love flowing back and forth. Lots of stories shared. I didn't have a chance to take photos, but I've asked Tom if they have some they could share, and I'll share them here if I get some. I found a lovely one of Nancy & Tom online - below. After the event, we all went to the New England House restaurant for supper. Ellen did not come - she was feeling like she was getting a cold - runny nose and scratchy throat - and didn't want to expose others, but she took me there and picked me up later at the restaurant. 

Today I had my 13th PT session - 5lb weights on my ankles this time! I did well, and also got good news - Humana will cover all 16 sessions, not just 6. Yay!


Nancy and Tom Ragle

Our table at New England House restaurant


No comments:

Post a Comment