Monday, August 5, 2019

!@#$% Taxes

I got all the tax stuff out and it wasn't long before I realized that I had made a fairly significant error to my disadvantage in the penciled-in version I did back in April. So I had to recompute a lot and check everything. But I also realized that I had failed to include the special standard deduction for seniors. The regular SD is now $24,000 for a couple filing jointly, but for a senior couple it's $26,600. So that helped - it made my error a wash. Tax = $0. That's good - I am not enthusiastic about supporting the current federal government at all. But it's a pain nonetheless.

Looking back at my April 7, 2019 post about Richard Kim, I was reminded that I was here at K&S's when I penciled in the taxes and decided to take an extension. I had forgotten that. It's sheer coincidence that I'm doing them again here and not at home.

Also, back then we helped John pick up his Honda Insight. It's proved to be a good car so far and hasn't needed much work. The $ we've put into the Impreza since then would have bought three Insights at the price he paid!

I heard from Ellen  and she is having a good time. She likes Wallace's new digs at Kendal.

By the time I had the taxes figured out there was no time to get to the Amherst College Library which closes at 5pm today. And Brendon isn't coming back here until tomorrow.

So there you have it!

My view from the living-room couch where I am right now (taken with Photo Booth which reverses everything)

No comments:

Post a Comment