Friday, September 10, 2021

This week

This week sort of flew by. Monday, we went to a rally on the Brattleboro commons where Bernie Sanders was speaking. John joined us as well. It was a pretty big affair. Bernie gave his usual speech advocating for the $3.5 trillion bill that will accomplish many of his agenda items if it passes. One word I did not hear that I wanted to hear was "Afghanistan"–especially whether he is supporting a significant contingent of refugees to come to Vermont. That issue did not come up in the question period either. I guess I'll have to write him a letter.
Sen. Bernie Sanders speking on the Brattleboro Commons This morning Ellen got up very early and picked up Nancy to take her to the ferry for Star Island, Which is over near Portsmouth, NH. When she gets back, she's taking the car to Subaru to get the AC repaired. So I'll see her later with a loaner car. Earlier in the week, I tackled a job that I've been putting off - photographing a bucket full of prints and posters that I'll be giving to Experienced Goods. It was very interesting to see what was actually there! I'll post some of those pictures in later blogs. Well, here is one:
This is a print that we picked up many years ago at the Bread and Puppet museum in Glover, Vermont

No comments:

Post a Comment