Saturday, September 4, 2021

Labor Day Weekend

Happy Labor Day ! Yesterday, Ellen spent much of the day baking brownies, coookies and mufffins for the Guilford Church Labor Day Fair Food Booth, which operates Sundsy and Monday. I had a quiet day at home, although I did go down to the church to drop off things I had bought and was donating to the food booth. That gave me a chance to meet the new church Church Administrator, Debra Zagaeski, who has been on the job about three weeks or so. She is very outgoing and personable. Today I had a meeting of the Shirley Harris Crockett Award Committee - a new group. For a decade and more, Pastor Lise Sparrow and I have taken care of choosing recipients of this annual award, but with our new pastor, Elisa, who never knew Shirley, we've decided to have a committee made up of people who did know her well, along with Pastor Elisa. We had a good meeting and made our choice for this year, which I am excited about, and will share more about in a later post after it has been made public.
Debra Zagaeski, GCC Administrator

No comments:

Post a Comment