Monday, September 20, 2021

After Church

After Church, the Davis's invited us to join them for breakfast at Chelsea Diner, but it turned out that Chelsea closed at noon, and we got there after noon, so we settled for 99 - a chain restaurant that is sort of a sport's bar. It wasn't serving breakfast, but they were open, so we went in. It was okay - I got fish tacos, and they were pretty good. I saw Peter and Andrea Tracy there, whom I had not seen for years and years - they used to be active in the Guilford Church years ago but left when we became "open and affirming." I was sad to see them leave. The coincidence was that just three days ago, we were sorting through old CDs and DVDs and I found Peter Tracy's video of the moving of the Guilford Church back in 1994 - it was literally picked up and moved about 100 yards or so into a field where it could be enlarged. Peter's video actually filmed the process starting July 4th when we put up silt barriers, took it through the moving day on August 19th and then filmed part of the construction of the new additions, up until mid-November. It was amazing to watch it again - I had not seen that video for ages. Maybe not since it was made. I thought it might be like watching paint dry but it was pretty exciting. I found it remarkable that just three days after that video surfaced, I ran into Peter Tracy in the flesh. **************************************************** Right at the moment, I am at Katie and Savanna's house. Ellen and I came down yesterday evening, and then Ellen got up at 6 a.m. this morning and drove down to Swarthmore, PA to see Wallace, Sarah and Harry. Ellen got little or no sleep last night, so I'm concerned about her. I haven't heard from her, but I'm assuming that no news is good news, because if she hadn't shown up, I would have heard from Wallace by now. At this moment, they are aupposed to be meeting at Swarthnore Pizza.
With the Davis's at 99. Emma, Ellen, Andy and Robin
Swarthmore Pizza. Hope you are having a good time, Ellen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment