Saturday, July 7, 2018

Friday/Saturday

Let's see. Yesterday, Friday, was a pretty quiet day. I did go to Alpine Library and made .pdf files on their printer/scanner. I did the entire dissertation  - 375 pages - in a half-hour, feeding in 25-page batches at a time, 15 batches in all. So now I can refer to the original when I edit the OCR files I'll make in Jackson, by looking at an image on-screen, not a piece of paper next to the computer, which will be more convenient. 

Otherwise, not much. Oh - I also grilled a pork tenderloin on the gas grille. And while I grilled, I talked with the kids next door, who were playing with Max. They are nice kids. 

After supper we watched Uruguay/Belgium in the World Cup . 

Saturday: Today, I turned my attention to other writing projects that have been on the back burner for a while and need to be completed. Also did some cleaning up. But tonight we all went to Melvin's Brewey for supper. A great spot on the lake in Alpine - a new addition. A large array of craft beers and pub food. 

       A lot of beer !

 Yes indeed, a lot of beer.  Ellen and I shared a glass of "Killer Bees."

          Outdoor eating at Melvin's

 Paul and Jenny. We made a meal of beer, a huge pretzel and a bowl of loaded  fries - smothered in cheese, bacon and scallions.

       Dusk at Melvin's -  nice!






No comments:

Post a Comment