Sunday, July 8, 2018

An even quieter Sunday

I didn't go to church today. Instead I stayed home and watched the game between Russia and Croatia in the World Cup, with Paul and Ellen. It was probably one of the best games in the series. Full of drama and emotion. And, of course, Croatia won on penalty kicks.

Since then I have been working on something that I haven't looked at for several years. And that is a memoir of my own life. Something I started many, many years ago but never finished.  I've also gone back to the Tolles manuscript project, and I think I can finish that up and get it in print this year. I am trying to wrap up all these loose ends. It has been pretty warm here today, but the bedroom is very pleasant, and I've had a quiet time just lying here on the bed and working on the computer. Ellen has been reading a novel. And right now she's reading aloud to Max, a book titled Bud, not Buddy, a book about the adventures of a young African-American boy from Flint, Michigan who is trying to find his father. Paul has been on the lake with buddies, and Jenny has been out doing things including a little bike ride with Max. So that's Sunday in Alpine, Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment