Thursday, December 24, 2015

More Denver Airport

Now we are actually at the terminal near the Southwest baggage claim area where we will meet John and Cynthia in about a half hour.

Last evening I totally repacked the car to make room for John and Cynthia and their luggage. It will be tight, but I succeeded. 

I did not get a lot of sleep last night. My heart was pounding most of the night, and I suspected something in the bed clothes was "getting to me," so I got up at about 5a.m., got quietly dressed and went outside to get fresh air in my lungs. My heart quieted down to a slower rate. Then I hung out in the lobby lounge until about 7, went upstairs, showered, and Ellen and I had breakfast at the motel breakfast bar - quite ample. So here we are. We are getting a little old to be doing this sort of thing, but we'll soldier through. 


                        Central atrium at Denver Airport

A Thomas Mangelsen print. There is a store devoted to just his prints here in the airport. 
They cost about $6000 for a large one. He is from Jackson, WY. Ellen is very familiar with his name. 

                 America Map greeting visitors from other countries.

I guess the following is meant to portray what these visitors to our shores have left behind:

               Mural in Denver airport lounge area 

And this is our happy "ship of state" in which people from all over the world find refuge. 

There is some irony in these murals, given the current political discourse! 

Meanwhile, a quartet is caroling passengers:






No comments:

Post a Comment