Monday, December 21, 2015

Darn sinuses!

This afternoon I went to Cadence Health Care - a walk-in clinic in Bartlett - because I've had a lot of congestion, and some coughing, etc., and I didn't want to bring something into the house in Boulder with Betsey on chemotherapy. Jerry took me to the clinic and hung out the whole time, while I went through all the paperwork, and then the examination, bless his heart. As it turns out, my lungs are fine, but  I have a sinus infection that is sending a lot of gunk down my throat into my upper chest and causing irritation that triggers a cough.  So I'm on an antibiotic and by Thursday should be in better shape, and more pleasant and safe to have around. I got my prescription filled at Walgreens (no Rite Aid out here), and just down from there is a Polish deli which we all went into and found quite interesting. We ended up having a Polish supper of sorts which was quite tasty: stuffed cabbage, meat balls, small potatoes, veggies, blintzes. After supper, I watched the Tar Heels walk all over Appalachian State in basketball, even though they now have two key players who are injured. Earlier in the day I just took it easy, after another not-so-great night of sleep, but I did get over 20 Christmas cards and letters into the mail. Tomorrow we'll drive from Bartlett to Lincoln, NE where we have a motel reservation - it's half-way to Boulder. We also have a reservation at a Best Western near the Denver airport for Wednesday night so we'll be handy to pick up John and Cynthia Thursday morning at 10a.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment