Monday, March 13, 2023

More birthday!

Last Saturday (3/11) we had the birthday party that was postponed from the previous Saturday because of snow. It was held at Katie and Savanna's in Shutesbury, and Jim and Mary came down from Maine. John and Cynthia came with us - we met at the Dummerston Church. So there were nine of us altogether. The Feinlands were not able to come, but we saw them and had dinner together yesterday (see previous post about Tamar's a cappella concert). The party at K&S's included a wonderful meal that Ellen prepared with lots of my faves, e.g. scalloped potatos, meat loaf, and a carrot cake birthday cake. Katie made a MadLibs based on my life: that was fun. i got a gift from Jim and Mary: a handsome hat (see photos), and rubber tips for my poles. We also did some singing.
Blowing out the candles.
Birthday cake with John in background. Cynthia took several photos too - me blowing out the candles. (Actually, because of COVID, I pretended to blow, and then put out the candles by waving a card at them).
And one of John:
Cynthia also gave me a gift of a book of poetry; Joy Harjo's Weaving Sundown in a Scarlet Light: 50 poems for 50 years. Joy Harjo is a member of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, who lives in Tulsa, OK. I like her poetry, judging from the few poems I have had a chance to read.
The book of poems. Here's one I read at the party:
"Perhaps the world ends here (at the kitchen table).

No comments:

Post a Comment