Monday, December 6, 2021

Wow! A trip to the pool!

This was a red-letter day - I went to the pool for the first time in a long time. For years. I have had a membership in the Colonial Motel Pool, but the pool closed when the pandemic hit in March, 2020, and it has gradually opened up in various respects during the past six months or so. Everything is open now except the steam room and the sauna. You can use the dressing room, the showers, the hot tub, the exercise machines and the pool. There are actually two pools, and one of them - the newer lap pool - is temporarily closed right now for installation of a new liner. The multi-purpose pool, which is the one I use, is open. They are offering former members - people whose membership was interrupted (and essentially cancelled - no refunds) by the pandemic - a free ten-day membership. So I'm taking advantage of that. I hope to use the pool daily (if possible) for the next nine days. Then if all seems to be going well, I'll buy a new membership. Today I used the exercise bike, the elliptical machine and the hot tub. I started out modestly, but it went well, and I hope to increase my time gradually during the ten days.
A shot over my shoulder of the men's dressing room and shower area - which I had to myself. Actually, I had everything I used today to myself. So that was nice!**************************************************** After the pool, I went to Cota&Cota, our propane supplier, and asked about our propane stove. We've been waiting for months for parta to fix the burner. He made a call, and there is a good chance they'll have the parts and be able to do the repair job on Dec. 20th! We would have the fireplace stove working for Christmas! That would be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment